Friday, July 4, 2008

The ports are gone and I'm moving on.

Hi Everyone. I wanted to give you all an update on my continued healing & recovery progress. Last Tuesday was a very special day, it was the first time since February that I didn't have to go for treatment every 3rd week. I think that day was more celebratory for me then was my last day of treatment only because on my last treatment I knew I still had to go through several days of not feeling well. Just yesterday 7/3, I had minor outpatient surgery to remove both my lower and upper ports which was another huge step in my recovery. The surgery was a breeze and I'm feeling great! Next week we do a PET Scan and have an appointment with Dr. Janicek in 2 weeks to go over the results of the scan. I expect nothing but GREAT NEWS!

The weekend after my last treatment my parents came in from Southern California for a surprise visit, I was so happy to see them! My brother Matt and his daughter Haley came in from Tucson, as did "old faithful", my sister Patty. We had a great time visiting, we especially had fun laughing and watching one another play Nintendo Wii (Jer purchased for me thinking it would aid in my recovery).

The weekend after that a very good friend of ours, Jerry's childhood buddy and best friend since Jr. High, Mike Hamada came into town. Mike lives in Hawaii (Maui) and was in Vegas and made a side trip to see us. We hadn't seen Mike in about 6 years since the last time we vacationed in Maui. Jer and Mike got to spend some quality time together on the golf course, brave soles in 111 degrees! We all had a couple of great dinners together and caught up on all the family stuff. It was an awesome visit!!

I'm looking forward with great anticipation to the return of my hair. With the weather being what it is here in the desert, Ive abandoned my head wear and opted for the "Mrs. Clean" look. I'm always surprised at how uncomfortable it makes some people, however it did offer me the chance to meet a survivor one day while I was having lunch at California Pizza Kitchen. Here's a recent picture of Jer and I with Mike click here

Today we're Grillin' - we purchased some Kobe Beef from AJ's and are going to make some serious burgers. Happy 4th to you all!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Such a smart & original woman. You're on my radar....keep up the great work...don't burn anything;)

Anonymous said...

You are awesome and I admire you so much. With or without hair your beauty, caring heart and loving personality shine through! As I've said before I am so very proud of you and Jerry and Kyle. Sharing your journey with Chuck and I has meant so much to us. We love you so....and can't wait until we are all together having a long awaited BBQ, Kyle and Gannin will entertain us with their music and we'll have fun holding the baby. You take care and wow, amazing no more ports, way to go. Love, Cheryl and Chuck

Anonymous said...

You really know how to celebrate don't you? Last big day (b'day) last chemo, now 4th and ports removed. You could'nt have planned it better if you had tried, just waiting for the good news from the scan and then there will be coast to coast (N.Y. to Calif.) celebration!!!!!!!!
You have truly been an inspiration to so many people and many more to come-we couldn't be any more proud of the way you, Jerry and Kyle have handled this whole un-expected, twist of events that has been thrown at you. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love and prayers, Mom & Dad (M)

Anonymous said...

Keep on rockin' in the real world.....
Ah, pretty soon it will all be a distant memory. But obviously, a life-changing one. And life lessons are never lost on you.
Love the do, Sinead. Hey. Hottie with hair, hottie without. And before you know it, you'll have a whole new head of tresses, young missy. Just in time to keep your head warm in December in NYC!!!!!
Kisses --
b

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie...
You are the best looking bald women I have even seen. !!! Your beauty shines thru.

You have alot to be thankful for...as do I just crossing paths with you.
Peace & Love
Leslie ( I believ Ringo said it to!!)

Anonymous said...

hi McCameys -- is life good, better or best in these hot days of summer. As the psalmist would say :: these are the days the Lord has made, let us be glad and rejoice. Love ya all and enjoy. DAD