Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Another one down!

Angie had her second round of chemo treatments today, of course Angie showed up all "dolled-up"  dressed in pink and black and sporting one of the "edgy" head wraps our neighbor Michelle made for her.  She had to beat the staff off of her - they could not compliment her enough. Prior to treatment we met with the nurse practitioner (Kelly) for a brief exam.  She went over the labs from the blood work Angie had drawn yesterday, and there was strong evidence that the first dosage of chemo was very effective.  One of the markers they use showed a significant improvement - needless to say we were thrilled.  The exam did show that there was still some more healing needing to take place, and again she felt that it may be too soon to use the lower port.  While the use of this port is the ultimate goal as it more directly treats the impacted area, the fact that the IV treatment showed so much effectiveness she decided to stick with the IV treatment only for now.  That means it was all done today and Angie gets 3 more weeks before the next round.   She asked Kelly about using the treadmill, and was given the ok for some light walking.  Staying true to their manner of care, Kelly gave us both a hug as we made our way into the treatment room.   The treatment room was empty this time, so we had the run of the place.  While there was no one in the room to draw strength from, there was still that feeling of healing that this office emits as the upbeat and caring staff made frequent visits into the room to converse with us.  Angie's chemo nurse (Vicky) was again her genuinely friendly self.  This was only our second encounter with her - but she has a gift of making you feel like you've known her all your life.   4 1/2 hours after showing up, she was done - a quick hug from Vicky and we we were on our way.  We arrived home to a beautiful arrangement of tulips that were sent by my Uncle Tim and Aunt Gail - tulips are one of Angie's favorites!  We're Settling in for some Reality TV - Tuesday's a good night - American Idol, Beauty and the Geek and Big Brother.    

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous, I was wondering how yesterday went. Flying colors, as expected. And now you have three weeks off! Niiiiiiice....... You'll look back on this one day as a blip on the radar.
Meanwhile, I'm back four days. It's cold, my tan is gone, I haven't seen one of my friends yet and I haven't had a hankering for a reality show. Back in the saddle aaaaa-gin.......

Anonymous said...

Angie...
Pink and black of course!!! I will be thinking about you as I watch the same shows tonight. I know you are one strong ..kick ass lady and I am proud to know you.

Peace
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie, forgot to bring the padded paton no?From baby blue to pretty pink, sure the modeling judges will be taking notes round 3! Congrats on your new Achievement! Where are you taking me;)?! Keep 'Reaching & Refining further' from your new Plateau! SMILES!! Shawn

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear the great news and Tulips what a treat! Enjoy the rest of your restful week and talk to you soon...

Love to you all

Jana

Anonymous said...

I am sooooo glad you still have an 'eye' for GOOD ENTERTAINMENT! Love American Idol and of course Big Brother (which I AM going to get you on that show!!! You know my dear friend in LA casts it) I'll never forget you were the first one I ever knew to own TiVo.

Love ya girlie! Thanks for this Blog Jerry - It's amazing how we think that our "little" things in life are stressful. Then we hear everything you all are getting through. Amazing journey that is just making us all stronger!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hope that your treatment wasn't too bad and that you all have had a good, relaxing week. The good news is so encouraging, keep up the good work and pray that the next report is even better.
Love and prayers, Mom (M)

Anonymous said...

Dear MCCameys ... On this feasst of St. Patrick we wish you all the "luck O 'th Irish" and then some. Now as St. Pat himself prayed: Atomruig indui niurt tren togairm trinoit ... "I bind unto myself today The pow'r of God tohold and lead, His eye to watch, his might to stray, His ear to hearken to my need, The wisdom of My God to teach, HIs hand to guide, his shiedl to ward: The Word of God to give me speech, His heav'nly host to be my guard."
Have a great day and if you were here you could join us with corn beef and cabbage which isn't IRISH. Our best love and wishes that you were here. Love Mom and DAD.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

I'm so happy for you! I pray each time that the results will improve
greatly. Your head fashion wear sounds beautiful and I know you must look like a model. Tell Jerry and Kyle hello!! Keep the faith!!
Love you, aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Happy holy Trideum ... holy Thursday, Good Friday and then the Resurrection of Our Savior. We remember all at this time but your intentions take center stage. Love DAD

Anonymous said...

Have a great day Ms. Mary!

Anonymous said...

Hello Angie & Family
Just checking in to see how everything is going.....my thoughts are with you

wishing you well

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Angie,
Glad to hear that things are going well. Heather and I think about you , Jerry and Kyle often. Keep up the progress and healing! Maybe someone should do a study on the restorative properties of reality TV - it sounds like high dosages are working well for you!
Rob