Sunday, March 2, 2008

Weekend at Angie's

Beth, the oldest of my eight siblings, arrived Saturday morning (12 am) - her flight was delayed a bit in New York. Jerry went to the airport to pick her up, I stayed behind and welcomed her when they got home. We visited for a short while and got to bed about 2 am. Patty, my sister from Tuscon, drove up Saturday morning. The three of us hung by the pool all day listening to old R&B music and did what sisters do - shared stories. That evening, Jerry treated us to a nice SURF and TURF meal at Morton's Steakhouse. It was fab! Way too much food! Came home, watched a flick and all crashed. This morning (Sunday) Jerry, Patty and I went to church. After church we picked Beth up and drove over to the POSH PUPPY STORE - a store that is owned by a close friend of the family. We spent about an hour just lovin' on the dogs - I of course fell in love with a Cairn Terrier. She reminded me so much of my old dog Peave - had a similar look to that of his puppy pictures. Patty would not put down the Australian Shepherd, and Beth could not find a Sheltie - so instead attached herself to a champagne colored poodle. Patty went home at 3 this afternoon, and we're just settling in for a Sunday evening of TV. Here's a couple pictures of me with my sisters - the first is us getting ready to leave to Mortons, the second is of us with the puppies click here. Thanks for all your compliments on my HAIR - keep the comments coming - I draw strength from them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes sister time is wonderful. So glad that Beth is able to visit, I know you will have a wonderful week together.

Sending lots of love, energie and prayers to you daily.

Love, Jana

Anonymous said...

Love the pic's Angie, I am so glad that you have such wonderful family around!! The dogies are so cute...

Thoughts are with you all the time

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Bo Derek?, no? Some wet sand, receding water!, and
you could be a double.
...which I'd still like to bring the Ocean to you, for all...& its continual 'benefits'.

Those are some great smiles!
Wonderful to see ALL!
Am considering including pets in my photos! What do u think?

Anyways, with Focus & passion -a great week of Opportunity lays in front of you!!! (of course can't 'fully omit' the small party that would follow!)
Shawn

Anonymous said...

I know that you are having a good time with Beth-glad Patty could join you this past weekend. I told Jerry that he had better keep you away from the pet store, that puppy looks like it has you number.Enjoy the rest of the week, make the most of every minute, it goes way too fast when you are with loved ones
Love, Mom M

Anonymous said...

Still no hair cut ... but staying away from attorneys ... what do they know about hair anyway ... maybe if I put a dog in the picture they won't be able to tell the differenc. As they use to say -- either get a hair cut or a dog collar. Hope it is a kick back week for all except for Jer who has to support it all. Have fun and love to all. DAD

Anonymous said...

There's nothing better than your favorites!! Foods,sisters,and dogs. You all look so happy and isn't that what it's all about. Your blessed.

Carol

Anonymous said...

Hey there Aunt Angie! Sounds like you guys had alot of fun last weekend! THat puppy looks like it was made for you. Are you ganna get it? I think you should start thinking of names like.... Bo. Uncle Shawns comment gave me the idea. Well, sending a whole bunch of love your way. xoxoxox
Love
Maddy

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
Edwin left about 5:30am for his trip out there. I warned him about the cameras in AZ before he left. Hope you all have a good time together. Love Mom O

Anonymous said...

Hey there Angie!!!
Even though we are bad at this "Blogging" thing and posting Comments, That truly doesn't mean that we haven't been keeping up on your site and sending out Our Thoughts and Prayers for you daily : ) Your Journey has been both Amazing and Inspiring to All that has been sharing the ride with you. You are ONE Strong and Awesome Person. I am so Glad to see that you are doing Great!!
Thanks for Sharing Pics and I've Gotta Tell You...Your Hair looks Wonderful but remember that it is not the Hair that makes the person it's the Person that Makes the Hair. With that, any cut would be Beautiful on You.
Have a Great Weekend
All Our Love
Marcy McCamey-McClellan
and Family