Sunday, March 9, 2008
Gettin' ready for Round 2
My sister Beth left last night, her flight was delayed and didn't depart until 2:15 am, poor Jerry had to take her to the airport while the rest of us slept. My brother Edwin drove in from SOCAL yesterday to spend the day with us. He bought tickets to a Spring Training game (GO ANGELS!) - but unfortunately I was not up to sitting in the sun. He and Beth went by themselves and had a good time, even though the Angels lost. I had a chance to visit with Edwin last night while both Beth and Jerry caught a cat nap prior to departing to the airport. It was great to catch up with one of my siblings I rarely get a chance to spend quality time with. His visit was short, but sweet. I'm so grateful that Beth took a whole week off and came to visit - I know she went crazy with all the Reality TV shows - but she was a trooper. I still have hope that she will someday cross over and embrace this form of entertainment. It was a good time for her to come, I was able to drive for the first time - so we did a little shopping together at the local resale shops. On Thursday night I had Jerry "buzz" my head, even as short as I went prior, it was still annoying as it was coming out. I have cut Jerry's hair for the past 8 years, so we already owned a set of clippers. As Jerry was "clipping", he stopped and said "this is something I NEVER thought I'd do to you". I was glad we were able to do this together - not sure I would have been comfortable at a local barber. Both Jerry and Beth complimented the new look - it doesn't look as bad as I thought it would - click here. The very next day Beth and I ventured out - I wore a bandana - it was important for me to get out in public wearing a head wrap or I feared I would lose my courage. On Saturday my neighbor Michelle, called and asked if she could drop something off. She arrived with six of the "COOLEST" extra large head wraps I've every seen. She went to a local fabric store and purchased some "edgy" fabrics with skulls. I was so touched and they are exactly what I've been looking for - I absolutely love every single one of them. Her timing couldn't have been better as I start my second round of treatments this coming Tuesday. I feel both physically and mentally stronger as I go into this next round of treatments, as well as I have an idea what to expect. Jerry has the week off, so he'll be able to sit with me during my treatments. Kyle's off school this week, Jerry's taking him up to Flagstaff on Monday to get one last snowboard outing in before it all melts. We went to church this morning, I wore a head wrap (don't worry - one without skulls) - spent the remainder of the day just chilling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Great thoughts for you as you get ready to jump past hurdle Three...already!
What do you want for coming through? A mariachi perfomance, a day at the SPA, day with Shar in Gainy, Biltmore, DC?
Keep the fight! Champ!!
Lv-Shawn
Keep all those positive vibs coming as more and more poeple are in need of them. Fr. Tom had dinner with us this evening but told us he is coughing up blood ... not good and then another Irish man was visiting with a client in SD this past week and he passed out and then drove himself to the hospital .. his wife didn't learn about it until the next AM. As we herd in the Gospel .. Martha said to the Lord .. i fyou have been here my brother would not have died and He said "I am the resurrection .. He who believes in me wil never die... and the Lord called Lasurus about of the tomb. Wilth God's help we can make it thorough anything ... Have a great week Angie, Jerry and Kyle we are praying for strenght. Love DAD and Mom.
Wow Angie, John and I really, really enjoyed talking with you the other day! You are so crazy!
I am still tripping! Everytime I think of how it happen I am mystified. When we call Hollywood Viedo again, we cannot help but think of you and LOL!!!!!
We hope your spirits were lifted, because you sure did lift ours!!!!! God Bless and keep you sweetie pie, Jerry and Kyle to!
Love always,,,,Martha
BTW-YOU STILL LOOK FABULOUS!!!!
Angie,
you look beautiful and your inner strength and beauty shines thru!! I too am a reality junkie....lol
I know you will army thru all of this with strength and grace. Of course would would have the coolest head wear!!!
Peace & Love
Leslie Doner
Hi cutie - No one can wear it like you can...short, long, bald. I had a great time with you and Beth and really excited to see you & the fam this weekend. Today I pray that your treatment will go well and that you meet new angels that will offer you the support and encouragement to get you through this week. I'm so happy Jer is off this week. Enjoy your spring break Kyle, you deserve it! See you soon XO Patty :)
I know today will be just another 'busy kind of day' for you. Which you seem to tackle well!
What's the fashionita wearing into the shop today?
Prayers and great thoughts. Lv-Shawn
Hi Angie,
My prayers and thoughts are with you today and I know you'll go thru your treatment like a trooper. I'm glad Jerry will be with you.
Love you both, Aunt Brenda
Round 2 was today and I have been thinking of you. I hope it went well. Glad that Jerry and Kyle are going to have some fun together. My love, prayers and heart is open to you all.
Love,
Jana
Aunt Angie,
I luv u no matter what even if it means that you have to cut your hair off... well you look great!!! and i think that any hairstyle that you wear looks great on you!!!
Well, i send all my luv!!! <3
luv u all!!
Luv,
Kayla
Hope that today's treatment went good-didn't remember what time it was, so kept a constant prayer going for you. You can put another one behind you and press forward toward the end zone.
Hope you all are able to have some good family time together this week and get some much needed rest and quiet time.
Love and prayers, Mom (M)
wat up Aunt Angie you look good in all hair styles.Me mom ,and dad are praying for u.keep on smilling Angie. WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE LOVE U ALOTTTTTTTT. love lil eddie and mom and dad i wrote it the mostfrom eddie
Post a Comment