Monday, March 31, 2008

Laughter IS the best medicine!

Yesterday we got together with some friends we had not seen in a while, friends that we met through Little League and used to hang out with quite a bit. It was great seeing them all, but the part I always look forward to and enjoy is listening to the stories and "bantering" that goes on – mostly between the men. Yesterday was no exception, it went on all day long – story after story – they just seem to feed off of each other and it's a continuous comedy routine. There were times when I was laughing so hard I thought my incision was going to open up. I have to say this was a much needed outing for us, and I was glad my sister Patty was in town and could join us and meet these wonderful friends of ours. So, as I prepare for another round of treatments I want to personally thank the following people who MADE MY DAY yesterday. Pam and DuWayne Mill (hosted the BBQ), Julie and Reese Lambert, Jerri and Scot Brenner, Nancy and Kip Kipley, Laura and Chris Tyler, Marni and Alan Hirshman and Maria and Mike Holzman.....and last but not least my sister Patty ((+_+))

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie..
I think about you every day...sending you good meditation thoughts...so glad to hear your out and about and laughing out loud!!!
Peace

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Niiiiice!!!!! Nothing like good friends, good food and good stories. And what a perfect way to get you psyched for your next go-round. Good luck, we'll all be thinking of you out here in the Big Town!
Love ----
b

Anonymous said...

In some countries it is a custom to take an "Emmaus Walk" after Easter. May that be the case with you today as you meet friends and family ... especiallly on this day being the 3rd treatment .... like after 3 days you shall see the Sun. May it be a good day for you. Love DAD

Anonymous said...

Angie,
It is debatable who had more fun. Thank you for spending the day with us. Good luck with your next treatment and let us know if you need anything.
Maria

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie.
I'm glad to hear treatments are going well. I miss you guys terribly and am so sorry we lost touch the last couple of years. Nancy, my parents and Michele & Joe are all praying for the best outcome. I love you guys and keep staying strong!
Love,
Mike H.