There were two other Angels that I met yesterday when I was sitting in Dr. Janicek's office waiting to be seen to go over my results of the MRI and CT Scan and to discuss my surgery. There was only one seat available in the waiting room and it was between two women that I didn't know, who I believe were Angels strategically placed there just for me. The lady to my left just started asking me questions about my diagnosis which at that point I really didn't have any answers. She shared her personal story of being an Ovarian cancer survivor with me and she just couldn't brag enough about Dr. Janicek's reputation, skill and the technology that he has at his fingertips. This conversation really reinforced the feeling of knowing that we were at the right place. It was the kind, soft spoken lady to my right that looked at me and said "don't be afraid". She too was a survivor of Ovarian Cancer and Uteran Cancer. She was a woman of few words but somehow had a very calming and profound affect on me.
Lastly, are all of you who have been Praying for me, sending me your kind, loving and supportive thoughts, phone calls and emails. You are all Angels in my life and I thank you all from the bottom of my heart.
Thursday, January 24, 2008
There are Angels all around me
This afternoon was my Pre-op Testing and Training appointment, which involved filling out all the hospital admittance paperwork followed by a chest x-ray, 7 tubes of blood and an EKG. I was amazed at how genuinely kind and caring the entire staff was including the gentleman that shuttled us back and forth. In particular, one person stood out to me, a petite little Angel named Joni. She was the person who covered us on all the paperwork, what to expect when we arrive on Thursday morning, and the do's and don'ts for the 12 hours prior to surgery. Just before we were leaving her office to start my testing she asked if she could say a Prayer with us. Joni held hands with both of us and said a beautiful Prayer Blessing Dr. Janicek, the surgery, and my recovery. The one thing that she said to me just after the Prayer is "Angela, God brought you to this, and He will bring you through this." She truly was an Angel!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Aunt Angie...
I luv u very much and u r an angel to me and all of the Mccamey and Donnelly families u have touched our lives in so many ways... God Bless You!!!
Love, Kayla
Great stories! I'm so glad you got to meet some of the women that Dr Janicek has treated and that they have good stories to tell. I'm sure that you're going to have many experiences like this one, what with all the good energy out there with your name on it!
Rock on, Ang!
JONI WAS MY ANGEL YESTERDAY. I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MANY TIMES (YESTERDAY) THAT THE SAYING "GOD BROUGHT YOU TO THIS, HE WILL BRING YOU THROUGH THIS", CAME TO MY MIND. HE IS SURROUNDING YOU WITH ANGELS LOVE AND PRAYERS, MOM
Some one once said "no man is an island" -- we can also include "no woman or man " is an island ... the word around is that each family I talk to has someone in need of prayers .. so let us all unite and tell the Good Lord how much we are in need of His direction and care. Angie -- your pulling together power is unequal.
God love you and protect us all. DAD
Hey Angie!! Mike Hegeman, here. It's been so long, I could hardy recognize your picture!! Beth forwarded your blog page.Well, know that Kathy,April, my Mom and I will be praying for you and your family. Awesome stories. Keep it up! I can't tell you how many times the power of prayer has saved me, moved me, lifted me, changed me and given me joy beyond belief. God is good and YOU are someones angel too. Mike
And what did we do today? Just what we we suppose to do ... go to a gun show ... have the house cleaned ... watch the pure snow in the mountains ... and watch the storm come thorough tonite for a calm day tomorrow. And then watch a western movie ... 3:10 to Yuma! I'll never be as fast as those guys. On the draw that is! Do you think I should get some for Mom? All is well with God in heaven and on earth. Have a good night, one and all. Love DAD
Angie, Patrick and I have been thinking so much of you and Jerry and Kyle. We are heartbroken by what your family is going through, but are so encouraged by your positive attitude, the love of so many people who have contributed to this blog and by your faith. Like you, I believe that there are angels all around us if only we open our eyes to their existence. As I told Jerry, we fully expect you to be at the 2008 holiday party with your usual spark and with diamond encrusted skull and crossbones in full view! We will be praying for you. Sue and Patrick
Post a Comment