Sunday, January 27, 2008

The worship music gets me every time....

This morning started off like every other Sunday with a good dose of religion at Scottsdale Bible Church. Needless to say, both Jer and I were pretty emotional during the music today. The last song we sang was Amazing Grace which I tend to cry when I sing it even on my best day. I lasted all the way through the song until the very last verse and the last two lines, so I did pretty darn good. After the service we went into the church office and asked if they would arrange to have someone visit me sometime after my surgery. Berta Meyers, another one of my many Angels, took all of my information regarding the surgery and assured me that someone from our church would be happy to visit me. While I spoke with Berta, Jerry left to get the car, it was pouring down rain and he didn't want me to get soaked...always the gentleman. I was about to leave Berta's office when she asked me if she could say a Prayer for me, which of course I eagerly accepted. Berta took both of my hands into hers, and in her soft, sweet Angelic voice she prayed the most beautiful prayer asking the Lord to give me strength and healing, Blessing the surgeons and their surgery, and asking that the Angels come down to be with me and comfort me during this difficult time. Ten minutes earlier she was just a stranger, a woman I'd never seen or known before, yet upon leaving her office we embraced like life long friends sharing tears of love and hope. Thank you Berta!

We added a link to a song that really moved us, the lyrics are also listed to the left.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

It just goes to show that for every action there is reaction. If you had not asked for someone from your church to be at the hospital after your surgery, you might never have met Berta. I read the comment from Mike Hagerman. What a beautify comment. Agani, if not for this event in your life what contact would you have with him?
uch to think about. Love and hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Dear McCameys ... From North to South and from East to West the heavens are being stormed.. and I'm sure we have the direction from "top to bottom" covered also. Today is the feast of Thomas Aquinas who did much writing and very good theological writing and then one day after having great intimacy with God in prayers he said that his writing was so much straw and never wrote again. God is that good. Take care and have good week as we seek great news at the end. Love DAD

Anonymous said...

Hi Ang, Just wanted to take a moment to let you know Bobby, Nicole , Heather and I are thinking about you and praying for a speedy recovery daily. I don't know if you know how much you mean to Heather and Nicole but they love and admire you with all of there hearts as well as I. Keep strong and the lord will see you through this. We love you dearly , Jeff and kids

Anonymous said...

Our worship service was also moving-we sang 2 of my favorites, How Great Is Our God and The Power of His Love. I love the lyrics you have posted, I never heard that song but plan to find it. Your Dad is right prayers are coming from coast to coast,may you feel their power.Love and prayers.

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize that I could listen to the song on the link. Thanks for posting it-that song says it all, we just have to stand on his promises.Love and prayers Mom

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,
This is an "Awesome" song!! It clearly says the only one we need to turn to for all our fears and trials is our Precious Lord and Savior. He has all the power,love and all the answers we need. It's not by accident that you have met so many wonderful,caring,kind and loving people. He has sent all of them, especially just for you because You are "Special" to Him and he will always be there for you!

Anonymous said...

Angie....Sorry to be a little late again, but my keyboard was not working this time and I am not too computer savvy....However, I want you to know I have been in touch with my friend Father Vijay in India and he will have his congregation praying for you also....And my Association
Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet will also remember you in their prayers...So as you Dad says, in all directions your name is being offered to Our Lord for blessing and healing....love from Aunt Luella as well as love and strength to Kyle and Jerry....

Anonymous said...

Angie, Jerry & Kyle,

Just want to say hello and we are thinking of all of you. We continue to pray and send our love to you. Love the song, we all have amazing faith and await for the news of your speedy recovery. Prayers are all around you.

Love,

Jana

Anonymous said...

Aunt Lu has prayers coming from India and they are coming from cousins in Australia also so the prayers are coming from all directions. How great is that???
Love and prayers, Mom