Tuesday, January 22, 2008
Day One
We met with the OB/ONCOLOGIST this morning and it's been determined that surgery is in order. Based on the CAT SCAN there is some great concern with one of the ovaries and some lesser concern with a section of the bowel and some fatty tissue in the lower abdomen. Surgery has been scheduled for Thursday January 31, 2008 at 12:30 local time in Az. The doctor will perform a complete hysterectomy and tend to the other areas mentioned, the entire procedure is expected to take about 2 1/2 hours. He will be going in through the abdomen, so recovery will be a little longer than had they been able to do it laparoscopic - he estimates she'll be able to drive in about 2 weeks and close to fully functioning by 4 weeks. Until the surgery is performed and tests are complete it cannot be diagnosed, so there's still some hope. We feel very confident with the doctor, he's very personable, well schooled/trained and very confident in his own abilities. At the end of the consultation he reached out and gave Angie a big hug (something you don't see much in the medical profession these days). There's a link to Dr. Janicek's site to the left for those interested. We have some pre-admittance lab work to perform on Thursday (1/24). Angie is doing well all things considered - she is a strong woman and has tremendous faith in our god.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
16 comments:
Thank you so much for this information Jer. This blog is a wonderful idea. Angie, my mind has been on all of you every moment of my day. The kids are also very concerned & thinking alot of Kyle as well. I am in the best position to come & help out. Only say the word & I'm there. In the meantime, we love you all and will continue to keep you in our prayers. Patty
Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to hear the sermon by Darryl DelHousaye for a second time. It is powerful and I'm grateful to have it available. It's also nice to see Dr Janicek so I have a visual when I pray for him the day of Angie's surgery. He has impresive credentials. May you have blessed day and feel the love that's gushing from everyone of us. Patty
This is a great idea, all the correct information in one place. I'm sure it's going to be a long week for all of you, caused by all this uncertainty. But the uncertainty is there for a reason - it's the possibility of complete success. And that's what I truly believe. Sending healing thoughts........LOVELOVELOVE!
LOVE THE WEBSITE. I HOPE THAT EVERYONE TAKES THE 15-20 MINUTES TO LISTEN TO THE SERMON IT IS UPLIFTING TO SAY THE LEAST.
LOVE AND PRAYERS TO ALL OF YOU.
Thanks so much for this blog. It is a great way to keep us informed and allow us to share with you all. Martha and I think of you all daily and we pray for the best possible outcome. Much love to you all. John and Martha.
Angie, Jerry and Kyle
Thank you so much for this Blog. My love,prayers and thoughts are with you all. I love you so much!
Love, Jana
Aunt Angie,
My prayers are with u my class will be praying 4 u and I luv u very much. Love, Kayla AKA Squirrel
Sit long
Talk much
Laugh often
Thanks Jer for all that you do and have done for the family. Kyle hug them lots and learn from them. Your Mom and Dad, that is.
Angie ... now do what you are told or remember the rug. No matter what the hour. Loads of Love
It was good to talk to you yesterday. Hope your day is filled with some joy and LAUGHTER. Maybe you could rent a very funnny movie. Dad amd I had our picture taken for our parish directory. I stood behind the photog and made funny faces at him when his was done alone. Your trial is impacting the lives of many I believe in a good way. Who knows the will or plans of God??
Angie, Jerry and Kyle - We love you all very much and are praying for the best outcome possible. God has his arms around all of you right now and will help guide through this process. I know you have a very loving family and many friends but if you need anything at all please call us anyday anytime. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
Love,
The Conkeys
My very dearest friend, I admire your strength and courage. With the love and support of Jerry, Kyle, your wonderful family and friends you will rise above. You have always been my angel. I love you.
Holly
Angie, What a great support system Jerry has put in place. Wow! This is a great idea and I will keep you all in my prayers for a swift recovery.
Jeff B
I do believe in angles and like the email I sent you. The angles have been sent to be with you. Love you and am thinking about you, Jerry and Kyle.
Jana
Patty, John/Martha, Holly, Jana, Kayla, Marlene,
Conkeys, Jane, Beth, Dad, Jeff B - wonderful
contributions...u are. (Jeff 'b' we'll talk?)
Jerry, Kyle, Angela, you've been thought of...1/16 to present.
Ang- great, unwavering thoughts for you...at all times.
I love you!
Shawn
Angie,
My love,thoughts and prayers are with you. I too, believe in Angels. I know God sends them especially in our time of need to ecourage us and to show us "His Great Love" and "His Almighty Power" to bring us through our trials. Myself, my family and church friends will continuely pray for you each and everyday. When I saw you at Jerry's parents 50th Wedding Anniversary, your presence was all aglow with Happiness,Kindness and most of all Love. Take each day, one day at a time and always remember you are truly Loved! Aunt Brenda
Oh my gosh, I feel like we were together today in church. I am so glad that at Christmas you visited our church so you can relate. We had three songs this morning that truely I sang with my heart and soul. Anyway we ended today with Amazing Grace. I have been searching for a verse to share with everyone and today in chruch this was in our annoucement.
Phil 4:6-7
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your request be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds throuth Christ Jesus.
Love you,
Jana
Post a Comment