Saturday, February 2, 2008

Catching Up

I didn't POST last night when I got home from the hospital - it's amazing how tiring laying around a hospital room can be - I got some needed rest. Yesterday was a good day for Angie, not much of an appetite (liquid diet only) but she did consume a fair amount of water and of course the IV keeps her hydrated as well. She's still in a great deal of pain and discomfort, but hey she'd been out of surgery for only a little over 24 hours when I left - so we should see that subside as the days progress. The nursing staff has been terrific - treating her like the princess she is! Dr. Janicek is taking the weekend off (well deserved from our standpoint) and we'll see a colleague of his over the next 2 days. The "catheter" may come out today, if so that will mean getting up to use the bathroom. Kyle brought his mom some flowers in yesterday, then alter a delivery of roses arrived from the Conkey's. This added to a beautiful arrangement that arrived the day before surgery from brother Ed. The nurses are commenting that she has the best smelling room on the floor. Will try to post a message tonight.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerry
Thank you so much for sharing. I wanted her to know I was there.I am sure her room is the best smelling one and she is "the Princess"....does she need some lip gloss?
Please touch her hand for me and tell her Leslie Doner is thinking of her all the time!!!!