Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hello, it's me...

Dear family and friends,

Thank you all for your positive thoughts and loving prayers that have carried me over to what I call "the other side of surgery". I'm beyond ecstatic to be home with my family, I don't know how I would have survived another night in the hospital without Jerry and Kyle. This was a major surgery for me and a major victory, so now all of my thoughts and energy are focused on the healing. My days are great, I settle in on the couch with about 7 pillows in various sizes, my new favorite "healing" fleece throw that Marlene (Jer's mom) brought for me, my heating pad for my lower back, fluids and remotes and I'm good to go. I'm able to get on and off the couch without assistance, which I try to do as often as possible. Once I'm up, I have a path that I like to walk around the house for exercise and I try to walk for several minutes before returning to the couch. My nights are a bit more of a challenge for me but I honestly can't complain as long as I don't have to sleep in that uncomfortable hospital bed. I'm deeply touched by each and every card that I've received. Jerry's threatened to stop bringing me my mail because I get very emotional with every card I read. Not quite ready for phone calls yet - need to build more strength. When I do get around to it, just know that I'm very focused on the next phase (healing) and not really interested in talking about what has occurred. I gain strength from your comments on the blog, I look forward each and every day to what you all have to say to me - this has been a powerful tool.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great thoughts...mine that is! Keep w/ the good work.
Will be checking on you...

Anonymous said...

Evening Miss Angie....
I am so glad your feeling better. I was laughing so hard the other day when I came across a tye dye shirt we made.in PAnda.....lol I still wear mine!! I say a prayer every night for you...I know your strength and faith will get you through anything..
just know I am thinking of you and sending all positive energy your way!!!!
Love
Leslie Doner

Anonymous said...

Angie - Welcome home. I was looking at my 7-year-old daughter earlier today and realized that Jerry and I have known each other since before he and I were her age. I'm so glad you have him in your life...and even more glad that you are in his. You, Jerry, and Kyle continue to be in our thoughts. Much friendship - Erin

Anonymous said...

Hello dear Angie....am delighted at your speedy progress...First, we thank God....then remember, you are an offspring of those "Koller" women,...ah yes,... and you have that wonderful positive attitude that puts you on top and the devil in his place... God Bless you and GO GIRL !!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sis,

Yes the healing process is what we all need to help you focus on. My prayers will continue to be with you so you can build your strength.

Is 41:13
For I am the Lord, your God, who grasp your right hand;/ it is I who say "Fear not, I will help you.

Love,
Jana

Anonymous said...

Hi and Good Night. I'm tired and I'm sure it has been a long day for all of you too. Just know we are remembering all of you to the Good and Gracious Lord, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,
I'm sure by now you are gaining more strength and feeling better, but you still need to rest and focus on your body healing. The Lord is surrounding you with all your family and friends by thoughts and prayers. We all are sending an abundance amount of prayers to heaven for your full and complete recovery. Also, I don't think Jerry or Kyle could take another night away from you either, the one they love the most! You take care now, Aunt Brenda

kristin said...

Hi Angie,
This is Kristin Alvarez (Rick and Marci's daughter) I'm very glad to hear that you are home and feeling better. Just know that our prayers and thoughts are with you all.
Love,
Kristin

Susan said...

My Dear Angie,

I received Jer's email yesterday and immediately pulled the picture of the three of you from my desk drawer. Remember the one of you all in New York, in front of the flags at Rockefeller Center? Kyle was so little that he was in Jerry's arms.

I was there three weeks ago and thought of you. Boy, was it cold! You hate January in New Jersey! (another thing we have in common)

Thank you for bringing up this blog. We need somewhere to go to know how well you are doing...I am so glad you are home with your wonderful family to heal.

The picture of the three of you is out of my desk and beside my bed. I will be sending you daily love, prayers and energy.

We will talk soon.
Love,
Susan, Tiki and Digit