Monday, February 4, 2008

SHE'S HOME!!!!!

I received a call from Angie at a little after 6 am, advising that one of Dr. Janicek's residents (Dr. Skinner) was in and said things looked terrific and that she'd be losing the catheter today. About 8 am Angie called again and said that Dr. Skinner came back by and mentioned that going home today was a strong possibility. I finished a couple of reports I had to get out for work and made it to the hospital by 9. She was sleeping when I arrived, she awoke about 9:30. She was scheduled to get her IV port placed, she said there were 7 people ahead of her. They finally picked her up at 12:15 to take her down, we had been told she'd be away for about an hour. I ordered her her first REAL FOOD lunch since last Wednesday - a turkey sandwich and of course POTATO SALAD. At 2:15 she was still not back and Dr. Janicek stopped by to see her. I told him she was getting her port and that it had been 2 hours - he said he'd stop by later - said he didn't see a need for her to stay any longer as long as she could eat. She got back to her room about 2:45 pm - ate - then we waited for the doctor. At around 6 pm one of the nurses told us he'd been seen on the floor abd that he'd likely be by. The nurse paged him at 6:45 pm - and finally at about 7:15 just before the nurse shift changed Dr. Jamicek phoned over the "all clear" and Angie signed herself out. She's ecstatic to be home, propped-up with pillows on the couch and enjoying her familiar/comfortable surroundings. She's still re-building her strength, so phone calls are probably a day or 2 away.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Angie and family, I am so pleased to hear this wonderful news!!!! You are one strong lady....

In my thoughts...

Leslie Doner

Anonymous said...

ANGIE.....


WELCOME HOME SWEETIE!!!


XO DONNA

Anonymous said...

So happy to hear the good news.. I know she is in great hands and will be well taken care of. (So will Jerry and Kyle) Lots of hugs kissses , Love you all very much

Jana, Chris and Kayla

Anonymous said...

5 is between 4 & 6. Dr. Mike was right on target. Let's pray that all else is on target. Tomorrow the 5th is Granddad's 23rd anniversary. I've been asking him to watch the "little flower". I'll bring the book back when I come. Thanks and we're glad you are home. Love.

Darlene said...

Angie - we were unaware of your situation, but are so glad to hear of the good news. We hope that you will continue to improve and that you will draw strength from the love & support of your family and friends. Our thoughts and prayers are will you, Jerry & Kyle.
Darlene & David Williams

Anonymous said...

Angie,

Glad to know that you are already out of the hospital and back home with the family. We know that your always-positive attitude will further speed your recovery.
We will keep you, Jerry and Kyle in our thoughts and prayers.

Rob, Heather, Evan and Ethan

azphillips said...

Angie, Jerry, Kyle:

We praise God for bringing you home safely. We have no understanding of what you have gone through but we know that our Lord is the great physician and knows all that is going on and how best to take care of each of you.

Know that we are in prayer for you daily and if you ever need anything (anything at all) we will be there in a heartbeat to assist. We lift you up to our father in this time of need.

"Is anything too hard for the Lord?" NO! Genesis 18:14

Anonymous said...

Angie's early homecoming is welcome news!

Anonymous said...

Angie:

We are so glad to hear that you are home and doing well. With Jerry and your son as well as friends and family providing for your care we know that you are in good hands and have a lot of love all around you.

Please know that you are in our thoughts.

Don and Claudia Browning

Anonymous said...

Angie - I too was unaware of your situation, but happy to read you are now home with your family. My wife had a serious medical problem this past year, so I know from experience the power of positive thoughts and prayers. Please know that you now are in ours!

Anonymous said...

Angie,
I'm so happy to hear your home with your family. I know there must be smiles and laughter everywhere because of the "GOOD NEWS." Take it easy, rest and you will become stronger as each day goes by. You are in good hands and you will want for nothing. Jerry,Kyle and Marlene will take great care of you. You're all in my thoughts and prayers, Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Angie:
So glad to hear the good news of Angie's road to recovery. You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong!

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

Mary Scherer

Anonymous said...

Angie--
It's been great to read all the blogs from Jerry and the one from Patty. What wonderful support you have from family, doctors, friends! Please know that we're thinking of you and praying for a complete recovery!
hugs,
Bobbie and John

Anonymous said...

Good afternoon A..
I hope your feeling much better now after having a couple of days at home.....
Your in my thoughts....


Peace
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Jerry and Angie,

I am so happy to hear that Angie is home. I did not know what you were going through, but am happy that you shared this with us. The more people we have in prayer the better. You will be in mine and Jennifer's thoughts and prayers for a full recovery.

Dan and Jennifer Slater