Friday, February 22, 2008

Feeling a little blue - where's the sun?

Angie's parents left yesterday after a week here in the valley. We got to spend a great deal of time with them - mostly just sitting around and either eating or watching TV. Jane (Angie's mom) enjoyed the fact that TIVO can forward past commercials. The weather's been gloomy and rainy the past 2 days, which I think may be adding to Angie's somewhat somber mood. The forecast calls for SUNNY skies tomorrow and the next several days - hoping that those RAYS will give her a boost. I know all the "meds" have to be wreaking havoc - but it's necessary. Rachel, Angie's hair stylist, has agreed to come to our house on Sunday (her day off) to give Angie a haircut. It's about a 40 minute drive from her house - we're so appreciative of her willingness to do this. Angie's taking the advice of her nurse and going super short before the hair loss to soften the blow. We found a website from the American Cancer Society (www.tlcdirect.org) that has reasonable prices on products for hair loss - we placed a large order and expect delivery on Tuesday. Angie's mom and our dear friend Cheryl Conkey are both putting their seamstress skills to work to provide Angie with some "custom-made" headwear. Angie's sister Beth arrives next week from NYC for a week long visit - we're looking forward to that.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey :)
Dropping in to say Hi!
I know you are seeking, finding and looking forward
to those Positives throughout the day. I looked up Angela in the dictionary and would you believe that's what it said?!
My great thoughts are on you!
Shawn

How much of Zoonys and the Manhattan Apple is Beth bringing?!

Anonymous said...

hey aunt angie, i guess mom told u that we were going to cut our hair!!! well, we did... OMG mom looks so much like Posh!!!! and i cut about 5 inches off my hair and we will send pics... ASAP!!! love, Kayla and Jana

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie....
There is not a day that goes by that I do not check the blog and think about you!!! Your a sweet soul and I just adore you....do you need or want a visit?..

Peace & Love
as well as prayers and good wishes

Leslie

Anonymous said...

Miss being with you. But Beth will surely spark up your days Dad bought me a tooled rig for my birthday present on the way home from you. Itis a dandy! I will send you pictures once we get it all together. Dad is his usual sweet self and sends you his love.

Love, MOM

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

Feeling a little blue is only to be expected. Everyday I am amazed at your positive attitude. It will really help you get through this. With your pretty face and excellent fashion sense you will still be turning heads ( sorry Jerry but it's true).

Thinking of you always....

Love,
Laura

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,

So I decided to knit you a cap! OK, they have so many cute designs right now...but once I got going I realized that perhaps a cap was a little over my head...

Now I will knit you a scarf!

I love you,

Susan

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

I just found out what you're dealing with and what you've been going through. OMG, I'm so sorry. What an amazing attitude you have! Stay positive and know that many people are praying for you. My prayers are with you!!!

Linda McNeely