Saturday, February 9, 2008

Feeling stronger every day

Today I actually sat outside a short while, reading my book and taking in some "healing rays" of sun. It was a nice change of scenery and we had a beautiful clear day with the temperature reaching about 76 degrees. I did some laps around the pool, walking of course! Jerry and his mom kept a watchful eye on me - they were fearful I'd fall in and not be able to get out. Jerry took his mom to see one of her dear friends from Arkansas, Kay, who owns a dog boutique less than 5 minutes from the house. Marlene cooked another fabulous dinner for us, Chicken Alfredo. It's been great having her here - sure will miss her when we send her back home on Tuesday (I hope Mac and the kids realize how fortunate they are to have her 24/7). My sister Patty is coming up next week and my parents are also scheduled to arrive next week for an Arizona visit which will include some time in Tucson with Patty and her kids and Matt and his family. Monday we have an appointment to get educated on my treatment plan, a little anxious about it - but know that it's a necessary step to get me healed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well we see that the usuaul Saturday activites have gone from garage selling to pool walking. We want those rays coming from the Son along with the sun. We know they are hitting the target as Mom, Dad and Shawn read the current posting. We send our love.

Anonymous said...

Hi A...
Oh yeah..the sunshine...soak up those rays!! SO glad to hear you were doing laps and that you have family helping family.
In my thoughts....


Peace,
Leslie

Anonymous said...

Sent you some more Elixir of Diet Vernor's from Detroit on Friday, let me know when you get it.
Walking laps, very good! Be sure to give us all an update after your consultation.........
LOVELOVELOVE -
b

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear mom was able to visit Kay and that she has been spoiling all of you. Its your turn to have her to yourselves. Look forward to hearing the great news about your progress..... I will be at the airport tomrrow to pick mom up. I would only have to think that Dad, Jeff and the girls should know what a gift we all have, I Do!

Love,

Jana

Anonymous said...

Heard about you...and read that you didn't want any calls as of yet. So, I wanted to let you know you are in our thoughts and prayers! You are the picture of health and faith...both of which will speed you on your way to recovery. I will be checking in to read of your progress. You have the two best pillars to lean on...Jerry and Kyle are awesome support!
Love and prayers your way! Jamie

Anonymous said...

Nice Job Aunt Angie... ur doing really great and r really progressing...Nice work trying 2 get back 2 the way it used 2 be... (or close)Well ur still on the prayer board @ my school and always will be... luv ya, Kayla

Anonymous said...

Hi Angie,

I peek in to check on how you're doing and I'm so pleased to read that your progress is good. Sounds as though you're moving to another stage in your road to recovery. The chemo treatments are essential to conquering the cancer...but by no stretch of imagination...an enjoyable process. Until you've had your first treatment, you can't help but be anxious because of the "UNKNOWNS"...but after that you'll get into a routine and the anxiety levels will ebb. Will continue to keep you in my daily prayers. I'm so glad that your faith is strong, Angie, because that will give you the courage and determination to beat this. God Bless you and all of your family who are all stepping up to provide their support. You're loved! Your "Maker" also loves you and will hold you in His arms" through this ordeal...that's powerful medicine. Stay strong !

Melva Tapia