Saturday, February 2, 2008
She walked today
Just walked for the first time - went about fifty feet then back. Was complaining about her bladder being full, the catheter was not functioning. The nurses took a bladder scan and confirmed she was full - worked on the catheter for about 30 minutes - no change. They were just about to put a new catheter in when her nurse tried one more time to "flush" the line and "EUREKA" - they struck gold. Within minutes the smile returned to her face and she was much more comfortable. At just that time, her sister Patty arrived from Tuscon and brought more joy to her. I went and got Patty a bite and brought it back to the room - then came home to tend to the dog, caught up on email and made some edits to the blog - will be headed back to the hospital shortly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Did she get down into the "start block" position and wait for the starter's signal? Wait until she does the hurdles! As J_A_N_E said: getting that extra plumbing out of the way made her feels like the hurdles were no problem. Thanks for the postings. A bunch of little flowers makes a boquet!
Hey Jeri,
We have had Angie in our prayers everyday. Sounds like she is doing well. Please let us know if you need anything, we want to help. Let me know if she is up for visitors. Your family is our prayers.
Take Care.
Love
Michelle Bergevin
YEAH........another victory. We'll take them one at a time and be thankful for each one-keep up the good work.
Love and prayers,Mom
Wow...so happy to hear that your up a bit. As soon as I can see your pretty princess face i will be there...
Love
Leslie
Yeah Aunt Angie... u r really progressing over the days... Awesome news!!! Love, Kayla
It sounds as if everything is going along as it should. Martha and I have faith that all will be right. Thinking of you all daily. You are all in our prayers and thoughts. Much love...
John and Martha.
Dear Angie....today at Mass, my friend Althea told me that they had found out her niece, about your age also has cancer and we exchanged names for our evening prayers...I am going to send you a picture of my puppy Mandy, ....who has become my boss...I think of you so often during the day and I grow stronger and stronger in the knowledge, you will be well so very soon....I know it !!!
Post a Comment