Sunday, February 3, 2008
HOW GREAT IT WAS TO SEE MY BEAUTIFUL SISTER!
My jaw dropped when I saw Angie as I entered the room...she looked fantastic. I’ve always said if I could look like Angie on her worst day I’d be thrilled.. She gave me a smile and said I’m so glad you’re here. It was clear during my stay just why Angie has not taken any calls. She is very focused on her recovery and it can be quite exhausting. Angie is an incredible trooper. The most difficult part of my visit was watching a nurse try to find a vein for an IV and poked Angie 4 times with no success. Both Angie’s arms were swollen which made it difficult to find a vein. I saw her incision and was AMAZED! It was very thin and nothing like I imagined. 3 different nurses commented on how awesome Dr Janacik was with his sutures as he takes his time and one nurse said that he said, "if she has to have this for the rest of her life I’m going to make it look as good as possible." (I love this man!) Angie progressed tons in the 24 hours I saw her. She walked 3 times and sat in a chair 3 times and talked a little more after receiving a sponge bath. She also slept pretty good through the night I must say it was difficult to leave her. I tried not to get emotional and told her I’ll see her in a week or so...whenever they needed me. I have to say that Jerry does EVERYTHING to make sure Angie’s as comfortable as possible as well as doing all the things she’s supposed to do even if she’s not in the mood :( In addition he went to church this morning and brought Angie back the literature they passed out and called me to see what he can bring me to eat. He is an amazing. supportive husband. Together they have great faith in God, they’re doctor and an incredible love and respect for one another. Kyle had to work all weekend so I got to see his cute self briefly on Saturday night. Patty
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Angie, I was up late last night....Miss Barb says hello to you. I was thinking about your lovely lips and how beautiful you are...OMG your face is that of an angel. Everyone is so right as you were about yor husband, I never got the chance to know him, but Oh A he is spot on how lucky you are!! I am going to start attending Scottsdale Bible, I could use some faith these days myself. I know your strength, your talks with me helped me (starbucks) and I want you to know...better late then never, I will do anything I can in person, in prayer for you "little Miss Sunshine"
Peace & Love
Leslie
Angie, I am sorry to hear the news. Just wanted you to know that I am thinking and praying for you. I will help you any way that I can.
Barb
Post a Comment