Sunday, February 17, 2008
The genuine kindness is overwhelming
Angie said the other day that she's blown away by the kindness of everyone we encounter, from our family and friends to perfect strangers. I guess the lesson is, it's all around us always - we just easily overlook it in our busy lives. It seems like all we ever take time to recognize and acknowledge is the things that annoy us - we hope to kick that bad habit after this experience and spread and recognize kindness on a regular basis. We are so appreciative of all of you, there are so many cards received, posts to this blog, prepared dinners from neighbors, pajama grams, her sister Patty coming up from Tucson to tend to her and help around the house - and the list goes on. Angie continues to make strides daily. We attended church together this morning, just a couple days over 2 weeks after major surgery - what strength! Her parents are in from Calif. and joined us. Angie and her mom shared a very long emotional embrace when the pastor invited us to say hello and welcome each other. She starts chemo treatments on Tuesday, and again after some initial fears and anxiety (as represented in the prior post) - she's already showing unbelievable courage and strength as we approach this phase. It won't be easy - but I think we all know deep down that she will conquer this phase just as she's done the surgery - she's set the bar high for herself and I know she will leap over it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Glad for the update-not at all surprised that Angie attended church so soon after surgery.
I'm so happy that Angie's parents are able to witness (as did I) the remarkable way you both have handled the not so perfect challenge you have been given. I's so proud of the grace and acceptance outlook. Our prayers continue as you start your next step to recovery. Romans 8:28
Love and prayers, Mom and Dad
This is the first I have heard of this event in the McCamey's life. As Jerry mentioned, we can get so consumed with our own lives and lose touch with others. Upon hearing of the news, our jaws dropped in shock, and deep sadness overtook us. As I thought of Angie, I realized that, if there is there is one person that can take and whip this, she can. Our hard felt hearts and prayers will be with Angie, Jerry, and Kyle, as well as the rest of the family. I know that the rest of your friends at DFLL send a resounding and collective wish of a full and speedy recovery, and that if there is anything we can do, beyond hope and prayer, let us know.
Your friend, Duwayne (the Mill's)
Angie,
Remember as you begin your chemo tomorrow you have lots of love, prayers and healing coming your way. Thinking of you always.
Love,
Laura and Chris
Dear Angie, My prayers and thoughts are with you tomorrow as always. Visualize the Lord standing there with you and him comforting you while you're going through your treatment. My prayers for your healing and calmness over you during this special time. The heavens again will be receiving abundance of prayers for you, also for Jerry and Kyle. With Love, Aunt Brenda
Aunt Angie,
I just wanted to let you know that no one on earth can understand how much you helped me when I needed you durring my recovery and how much you mean to me. I'm sorry I didn't comment earlier but I wasn't realy sure what to say and lord knows it's easiest online. I just know that I can't even come close to helping you in the way you helped me. But I want you to know that in no way whatsoever are you absent from my thoughts and prayers every second of the day. I owe you more than you could ever imagine. If you need me for anything let me know and I'll drop whatever I'm doing. Every ounce of my love will be with you tomarrow durring your treatment.
I love you so much, Madison
(PS. My Aunt Laurie sends her super buddha healing powers!)
Jerry, handshake, keep up the good work you’ve done and continue to do.
Angela, you went through an Invasive surgery, you were up on the first day, your scar healed and now are up to 20 laps?? (that’s about 1/3 a mile). And now spending an hour and a half on church, in the elements? Strong, faithful, fearless? Absolutely.
And still though know my great thoughts and special prayers, remain on & with
you. …praying for you on Tues! Keep up the good work!
Shawn
ps...head scarf? She’s looking for one. ...there's an army fatigues to match her army pants and anything that would go with her blue jeans, and extra-ordinary silver jewelry would be 'safe bets'. (Basic matching seemed to of come early, like around age .015 for some reason. Now, there’s a couple of different theories on that yet none actually proven).
Anyways great thoughts for you tomorrow, Angela.
Since hearing from Beth, I've been reading your posts, praying for you daily, and sending you good energy all the way from Kentucky. But alas, the writer could not think of anything appropriate to say--but here goes. If need be Angie, you could totally pull off one of those fabulous turbans from the forties films with the big jewel right in the front. Not alot of people could get away with that kind of glamour--but you...yes, most definitely. You're a goddess. An amazon warrior who is going to comepletely vanquish this thing. We love you. Stay strong. You're in our hearts and prayers.
Donna and Carlos
Miss Angie.....
I think about you every day...and I am always smiling when I think about your beautiful smile and cute laugh. I will do anything you need to get thru the Chemo...like I said before , I WILL read to you!!!
Prayers and thoughts....as always,
your friend,
Leslie Doner
I love you Aunt Angie you're beautiful! And Uncle Jerry, thanks for being you. Aunt Angie couldn't be going through this with a better person. I can imagine how dificult it must be and I just want you to know that my prayors are with all three of you (and Roxy)!
Post a Comment