Monday, February 11, 2008

It was an emotional day...

We had our appointment yesterday with Kelly the nurse practitioner who checked out my incision and advised all looked great. We then met with Vicki, the chemo nurse, to go over the treatment plan. The plan will last 15 weeks total, I'm scheduled to start next Tuesday and go through mid June. There will be 2 separate drugs administered and each session is about 4 hours in length. I will do one session on Tueday's, then another the next day (Wednesday) - followed by a 3rd one the following Tuesday. Then there's a 13-day period off, then the process starts all over again - a total of 6 cycles. There are many potential side effects, some I have medication for, unfortunately I will lose all my hair - something that I'm having real difficulty with. I ask that you all continue to pray for me as I enter this phase of my healing, I will need it! Kelly did quote a very high percentage chance that this plan will put the disease into remission - that's what I'll focus on as well as lean on my God, family and friends to get me through this next 15 weeks - I know it's not going to be easy. Marlene (Jerry's mom) leaves tonight, there will be more emotions with her departure - we've really enjoyed having her here with us. She's cooked meals, cleaned the house, kept up with the laundry - and most of all has been a great loving "mom" - she truly is a gift from God. My plan is to go with her and Jerry to the airport tonight to see her off. Thanks again for all your kind and encouraging comments left for me - they all touch me deeply.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie........
If you need company sitting at Chemo I will sit with you and read to you!!!
Meditated... today in Yoga and prayed and sent all the energy in the room to you!!!

peace
leslie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for giving us the update and schedule ... we feel the emotions and share those with you. We will be there to help in any way that we can. If there is any thing you need us to bring please let us know. Fr. Tom said this morning that you are remembered at all his daily Masses.

Anonymous said...

Love, support, prayer and more.
Shawn

Anonymous said...

"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge on him."
2 Samuel 22:31

I love you so much. :)

Anonymous said...

Angie -
You are strong and you will get through this.

You are beautiful - with or without hair.

Aways thinking of you!
Tammy

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,
I am so thankful that you are doing so much better, even though you have a rough road ahead the Lord will make it smooth. He will be there with you and carry you through all that is before you. You do have beautiful hair and when your treatments are over I'm sure you will again. You are beautiful inside and out, and we will all continue to pray for you each and everyday and especially the day of your treatments. Focus on your body healing and feel the Lords healing hand upon you. Remember, you are "HIS MIRACLE" and "HE LOVES YOU". Love, Aunt Brenda

Anonymous said...

Dear Angie,

I've been thinking a lot about you over this past week. I wasn't sure why until I got Jerry's e-mail.You are strong and will get through this tough period. If you need anything I am there. You have the thoughts and prayers from all the Tylers.

XOXO
Laura

Mill Family said...

Angie,
I was saddened to hear of your news. I also know that you are an incredibly strong person with a great faith and love for God. You will win this battle! Anything the Mill family can do for you consider it done. Jerry keep yourself healthy and strong this is also a very hard time for you as well. You are a great couple and I have alway admired what the two of you have together. Stay strong and I will keep you in my prayers daily.
Love always
Pam & Duwayne