Saturday, February 2, 2008
A restful day
I returned to the hospital a little after 4 and Patty said Angie had slept pretty much the entire time. She had some swelling in her left arm, so the changed the IV to the right arm (the anesthesiologist had started one on each arm just in case). Angie wanted to sit in a chair for a little while, and the movement jarred her IV. The nurse tested it and confirmed it went bad. Due to her swelling she had a difficult time finding a vein - four pokes - no vein! She called in another nurse who was not all that confident in her IV abilities - but did hit a vein on her first try. After that Angie was ready to get back in bed. Patty is staying the night with her in the room in a not so comfortable reclining chair. Angie's excited to have Patty there with her. I checked out shortly after nine, picked Kyle up some chicken fingers and he and I are going to watch a movie.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Good night one and all. Long day, yet. DAD
I love you Ms. Angie. I hope you recover from your surgery soon. I pray you and your whole family (including dogies) stay healthy. I am waiting for you to come to New York so I can take you to my house and then we go to time square and all nice places here. We all love you very much.
With all our Love,
Roya,
Angie,
We are thinking about you and hoping that you feel better soon. I am so happy Patty came to stay with you, that is wonderful. Once you are home and have a schedule I am looking forward to being able to come spend time with you. I am picturing you with your dancing shoes on having a wonderful time at the wedding. God is with you during this journey. I can't tell you how proud I am of you and how much I admire you, Jerry and Kyle for your strength, love and family support you share among you three. Take care of yourself. We all love you very much!!! The Conkey's Attn: Patty - You are being a great sister! Jerry - Your blog is fantastic, I wouldn't have expected anything less from you!
Another Day.....I am thinking about you , and smiling....Glad to hear your sister is with you. My thoughts and prayers as alwyas,
Love leslie
Hello, family!
Stopped by Zuni last night and Sam and Gina and Sally and Peter send their warmest wishes.
Good to hear you're receiving excellent care, hospitals can be a real drag with all the poking and prodding so I'm sure it's great to have the fam all around to make your stay happier.
Sending those good vibes your way, babe!!!!
LOVELOVELOVE -
beth
Dear Angie,
I'm so happy and thankful that you are doing so well. It does take a while to recover from surgery, just take it one day at a time and before you know it, you'll be out and about, and having alot of fun and enjoying your family and friends. You are in my thoughts and prayers everyday. I know you have one very happy husband and son. They want to get you home as soon as your ready to go. I'm so glad that Marlene will be there with all of you soon. She's a wonderful sister-in-law and I know she's a great mother too! It will be a blessing to have her there with you. Take care! Love, Aunt Brenda
Major good vibes comin' your way! I was just thinking about you the other day and then got an email from Jerry. So - more great healthy thoughts will continue to you.
I know you will heal quickly - - I still am gonna wanna see your little tush back in class! (dimple and all!) Lots of love - Tammy
Dear Jerry and Angie,
Mine is a voice from your past, namely, Mel Tapia. I wanted to let you know that I heard about Angie's situation from Cheryl Conkey who sent me you webpage. I want you both to know that you both and your son also have been added to my daily prayer list. Every morning I do 5 miles on my treadmill and I pray that entire time, approx. 1 1/2 hours. I start out by making my special intentions; my faith is strong and I trust that you will pull through this just fine, Angie! Cheryl tells me that God is present in your life and that's just great and just about all you need in addition to a positive attitude. Don't let small little setbacks unsettle you...stay firm in your belief that you will overcome this trial in your life. In the meantime you are being prayed for and I have requested some daily masses to be said on your behalf. I don't know what religion you practice and to me it really doesn't matter...prayer is prayer...and I can only hope you feel the same. God bless all of you. I'll continue to check in on you. Jerry, you hang in there too!
Post a Comment